What to Think About Before LASIK
After tons of research and consideration, you may have finally decided that LASIK eye surgery could be the right choice for your eyes. Before jumping on board, however, there are a few things that you should consider. Here are five tips that you should keep in mind when thinking about LASIK eye surgery:
- Choosing the right surgeon. There are many doctors available, so it's essential to find the one with the right skills and experience. Also, trust and reputation are significant factors, so try to find a referral from a friend or family member.
- Follow pre-surgery instructions. Your surgeon will provide you with a list of must do's and don'ts the day before the procedure.
- Recovery time. LASIK surgery will not require extended recovery (approx. 4 to 8hrs). Most people can drive, go back to work, and live their daily lives, as usual, the very next day.
- Post-Op. Once the surgery is complete, your LASIK surgeon will ask that you go home and rest after the procedure. You can develop severe eye irritation if you don't sleep and rest your eyes after LASIK surgery. So, be sure to get plenty of shut-eye!
- Do NOTS after surgery! Patients are asked not to rub their eyes, wear makeup, or have the ceiling fan turned on directly after surgery.